Wednesday, January 14, 2026

The Quiet Life

After looking at some marketing emails from orgs in the Bay Area, I'm reminded of what I want now: a quiet life. I want to have coffee in the mornings in front of my computer, I want to spend time our kitty on my breaks, and I want to be able to have freedom in my schedule to cook dinner for my hubby every night.

I don't want to be on social media (maybe LinkedIn), blasting out content about a life that would probably be fake. Maybe I'll do some social posts on my IG if I ever become a published author. And you know, I don't immediately want to be published. I want to work right now and solidify and income stream. I'll quietly work on my novelette, working on the edits from Y and filling in any holes. But you know what? I'm proud of that little MS. I'm proud that I had an idea and ran with it. 

Now that I have a hubby, a kitty, and a MIL, I don't feel so lonely anymore. I don't need to go to Starbucks everyday, just for the smallest amount of human interaction, but something that did warm my heart. I don't need to listen to a negative person complaining all the time, just to feel like I have a friend in the world. I don't want anymore negativity in my life. If you are down in the dumps, seek a professional. I do not want to be a single, issued-laiden, immature person's punching bag. I've had enough.

I'm happy to be in C's online writing workshop - the women in this group are extremely talented and I am, and will. learn so much from them. I do know I want to produce more, more short stories, and this group will propel me.

And the Memphis creative writers' group I went to a week ago was also very cool. They seemed younger, but brimming with potential and jovial moments. They even went out for ice cream after, which I thought was so cool. They not only want to motivate one another to write, but they also want to hang out. I really liked the writing of one woman and I hope she continues to go to the group.

I'm also going to my first reading in Memphis tonight. I kind of know what to expect, but it might be really different than the Bay? Or it could be similar - that I don't know. But I'm excited to be apart of a literary community - or try to be. In my own quiet way.

No comments: