Pretty cool that I've made it this far, but not surprising. I mean, I'm a writer! This is what I do. But this year, I want to take it more seriously.
Share my MS with L; go to C's workshop; go to Memphis creative writers Meet Up; blog every day; write fiction every weekend.
This is what I want my life to be like.
But then, if I get a full-time job, I'll be so busy. And commuting will take an hour out of my day. I feel hesitant. But I know I need to move forward with the interview. Right now, my career comes first. Especially since I'll need to become the bread-winner. At some point.
I want to write and be creative; I want to exercise and be fit; I want to socialize and find joy in my new city that I will live in for a long time. I want a job that will make me happy.
There is so much that I want and hope for right now.
At night, before I fall asleep, my mind races around with so many thoughts. Did I leave something on? What about this and that that I have to do tomorrow? Why did I make such and such a decision?
It's tough to get to sleep right away when your mind is running around. It's also more distracting to go to sleep with someone who snores, but that's not it. I think it's me time that I'm holding onto. I think it's a part of me from California that moves around saying, "Don't forget me." It's a part of me that is trying to be selfish, trying to put me first, trying to keep parts of the old me. But is it working?
Well, kind of.
No comments:
Post a Comment