Tuesday, January 13, 2026

Day 38 - Computer Woes

To start at MF, I'll need a new computer. I've been going back and forth with S, trying to decide which operating system will coincide with the programs that MF uses. I'm pretty confident that the newer Mac will be compatible with everything, but trying to have input from the boss.

I'm excited to get a new computer, but it's probably going to be the same one I've been using for, yes, decades. My first Mac that I bought on my own was in South Korea and I went to the Mac store over and over, trying to decide if I should buy it. It was the first time that the MacBook Pro came out with a dual processor and it was so new that I didn't know what to make of it. Then, 12 years later, I still had it and it was working fine. But I got a new (refurbished) MacBook Pro that lasted another 13 years. These computers last a long time. But each time the browsers no longer are supported, I have to get a new computer. I don't know if this is cost-efficient. I have to be careful with my money, but at the same time, I need a new computer to work, and I don't want to use a used computer.

I remember going to Coex mall with M and being so apprehensive, but excited. It was my first big purchase on my own as a young person. I was impressed with how it looked, but I was so confused by what all the specs meant. I asked silly questions, and after a couple of weeks, I bought my first Mac. It had the Korean AND English alphabet on the keys. It was so fancy. I used the iCalendar and loved it.

No comments: