Thursday, January 22, 2026

Day 46 - Missed One Again

Shoot - I missed yesterday's blog entry. It was busy since I started working at MF and did some training on the calendar. I also was a part of the editorial meeting where we discussed the upcoming covers. I'm slated to do the one on March 5 that is music calendar related. 

It felt exciting and fun. If they just paid a bit more I would most likely stay long term. But I need to be able to afford our new house and I have my long-term career to think about. 

If I were already immersed in freelance copywriting, this gig would be great: something steady, consistent, and fun.

But I still have to take the FRW course and the nutrition course before I can feel comfortable about launching a proper business. And I may have an option with work that I'm used to.

This sounds selfish: but maybe start at all these jobs and see which one is the most fun? I've never thought or done that before. But I'm being considered for a few roles: the comms role at MLH, a copywriting role via CC, and another role (that I don't want at all) with the DH. So many choices.

It makes me realize that my experience at SC was good afterall. I learned so much, loved my work so much, and cared a lot about my colleagues. 

But my life is changing, and we are thinking about getting a house in a bougie area. I need to be able to pull my weight long-term. We are also most likely going to become parents, and kids are not inexpensive. So what will be good for me in the long run?

I full-time role that will lead to bigger and better roles. Perhaps the chance to move up the ladder. And I will still take these courses as a back up to my full-time, should I need to go freelance again at some point. I don't think I'm ready to launch my freelance business, actually. I don't feel comfortable or confident doing that just yet. I need to dive into the classes, but I also need to make money.

No comments: