Wednesday, January 14, 2026

Day 39 - Let the Games Begin

The summer Olympics are coming to LA in 2028 I believe. The lottery to possibly get tickets opened up today. I kind of want to go! But it would be hectic and crazy. But it's the Olympics!

When I was a kid, figure skating almost every day, people would ask, "Do you want to to go to the Olympics?" and to that I would respond super enthusiastically and whole-heartedly, "Yes!" But little did I realize that I was crap under pressure. 

During practices, I would shine: landing difficult jumps, having a natural graceful style, and being so flexible, too. And when I first started competing, at the earlier levels, I did great, fantastic even - winning medals and gaining noteriety. I even competed so well after skating and practicing with CB - a world-renowned skater, and that led me to Sectionals.

But then at the higher levels, I wasn't practicing my programs fully, and at competitions, I would start to crack. On the ice, blurry vision, tired legs from the get-go - I was a hot mess.

I did love exhibitions and shows however, and almost always landed a soloist spot. 

This is a long story.

In short, I'm more of an artist than a competitor, even though my competitive side sneaks out at times. But it's all in good fun?

No comments: