Saturday, January 17, 2026

Day 42 - What I Learned From Last Year's Weight Loss Journey

From April 2025 to October 2025, I lost 8 pounds consistently. I took a nutrition program and learned how to fast according to my cycle. It has been life changing! In 2025, I started having more perimenopause symptoms: in addition to the night sweats that started a few years prior, my mood started to change. I started getting agitation and impatience and I also started getting tired in the afternoons.

I started to struggle to feel like myself. I knew perimenopause was causing issues but I didn't want to take another other pills or patches, on top of what I was already taking. And it didn't seem severe; just noticeable.

Luckily, due to planning my wedding and wanting to elevate my style, I decided to take a nutrition course that I found on IG. And - it worked! In a few months I started dropping weight. But not only that, I started feeling better: no more agitation, no more mood changes.

As for my energy: I think I was going through higher levels of candida, which I was tested for a few  years back. So I talked to M and she suggested a supplement that kills of candida and it worked too.

I also started eating more 2B Mindset - but actually that way of eating doesn't work for me daily. And I learned from D's nutrition program, to sort of alternate, or cycle, times when you eat more carbs and starches. 

SO then I decided: eat lower carb, except for the hormone feasting windows, and do 17 to 24 hour fasts during my period and ovulation.

And this year, I have already lost another one pound, from 138.5 to 137.5. 

I see that the fasting is not only helping me maintain my weight, but also helping me lose a little too.

I think now I've decided to face my health journey with joy: without fear of trying to be a certain size, but of going into workouts with joy that I'm training to be stronger and healthier. And fasting to help my perimenopause systoms.

No comments: