Sunday, January 18, 2026

Day 43 - 2016 Me

In 2016, I was 34 years old. It was a difficult time, actually. I had finished my time at the engineering office as a marketing and admin assistant, I was a few months into my role at the healthcare org. I was on lose does of my med. I remember what I went through. It was one of the hardest years of my life, though I didn't realize that at the time.

I did like my job and the people I worked with. But that was later in 2016. 

Early 2016 was tough as I was trying to find the right job. And I did a few temp jobs. I don't really like talking about this year b/c of what I went through. I will say that I'm a million times better now and feeling normal and even thriving.

But I learned a lot that year. And it led me to experiences where I found my miracle combo. And I never kept trying to be better. I tried BetterHelp, I took a meditation class, I did grounded techniques, I did breathing techniques--I did so much. And those skills I first did that year have carried over into my daily lifestyle. So I'm grateful of that year, actually. I learned so much, and I tried so hard to be better that that determination helped me find the right---everything.

So in 2026, I must remember to keep advocating for myself, be in partnership with my health team, never take my life for granted, be grateful for finding the right meds, always cherish my C for being my rock and never, ever judging me, no matter what I went through.

He is amazing.

Some men would have skidaddled at the first sign of struggle. But he remained and he stayed loyal. He may not have fully understand all that I was going through, since I'm still very private about all that stuff, but he never said anything negative, he never blamed me for anything, and he was always his same, upbeat self. I can't believe how incredible he is, and I think this is the best part of this post--realizing all I went through, the solutions I found, and also how gently supportive and loving C is.

No comments: