It's the first full week in the new year! I feel hopeful and optimistic. I was selected to be a writing coach, pending the proposal approval. I'm excited! I worked on the samples over the weekend, which were fun to do. I hope they are awarded the contract.
I've been applying to all sorts of comms roles. I feel like I may have a better chance at comms roles, but I actually want something that is just writing and editing. But I don't really know right now. I want to remain with an open mind and heart at whatever falls into place. I will try my best to move the needle towards gaining employment, but I want to be flexible.
During 2025, when I was applying to roles, I was so close-minded: only looking for copywriting roles in the health, wellness, the sciences. But to be honest, I don't have enough work history to support that. And I don't really know if I'll be happy with it too?
It's hard to know what I'll be happy with, outside of coaching and tutoring. I'm going to give myself a couple more weeks to apply before I buckle down with Upwork or an online tutoring site. I think I'll prioritize my name change and state change items and the courses I purchased, also find good ways to enhance my time with my coach.
Even though I'm ready to work, I think I need a bit more preparation.
No comments:
Post a Comment