It makes me think that if I took these roles, it would greatly set me up for a career in healthcare communications. It would be really really good, I think.
But then, I don't know if I'm ready: I need to figure out my med stuff, I need to do the name change process, we are hoping to do fost-adopt, and I want to be home to make dinner for C.
If I took the one in Memphis, I would be home at 5:30 pm at the earliest I think. Then I would have to rush to make dinner by 6 pm and then try to sleep by 9 pm to get up at 5:30 am the next day. It's possible, but the commuting would take away time from my day. So would it be worth it?
Or continue to work fully remote, though a hodge-podge of jobs? I do want to be in the health and sciences industry for the long-term, but I don't know whether that's in the comms industry, or copywriting. I feel uncertain. I think it's b/c I need to fully go through the online course I bought. I also have a nutrition course I'm dying to start.
So maybe this next year is slated for upskilling? Improving my editing skills, knowledge of AP style, learning more about my surrounding community, and focus on work-life balance. Maybe that's how I need to think of it? But if I were in California, I would most likely take the in-person comms role. It would be best for my career.
I'm at a crossroads.
In other news, my health journey has changed. I'm no longer driven by fear: Gotta fit into this wedding dress! I am now fueled by joy: I get to fast and feel the benefits of ketones, I get to eat healthy, that tastes great and makes me feel good, I get to do exercise that I enjoy, calms my nervous system and challenges me.
December and January have been somewhat of a re-start: re-start in my mindset, goals, and dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment