Thursday, January 15, 2026

Day 40 - Decisions, Decisions

Well, it's not actually a decision yet, I have to go through the interviews. But I was selected to move onto an HR interview with a huge hospital system. I feel bad doing it, somewhat, b/c I already accepted a part-time role with a newspaper. But I think healthcare communications is my dream job and dream career path. At least that's what I'm envisioning right now. It would be tough to get a remote manager role later, especially since they are so hard to get and is so competitive. But right now, I have to go for it. Especially since we are banking on my career long-term.

I would love to work for the newspaper but the pay is really low. I talked to another reporter working at another paper and she confirmed that they pay a bit lower than other places. That's okay but I may need to become my family's breadwinner.

It's a tough decision to make but here we are.

No comments: