After talking to my mom last night, my heart is set on MLH. I now just have to avoid saying the wrong things during the interview. And thank goodness it's on Teams, especially with the winter storm we just had.
When I told my mom that freelancing would give me a flexible schedule, she reminded me that being a parent isn't only about your schedule: it's about being financially steady, reliable, and consistent. She also reminded me that kids cost money. So it's better to have something steady right now than take a risk.
She is absolutely right. Unless I really have to, I should really go for the role at MLH and give it my best. If I don't get it, I have a back up plan all set. So I'm actually in a good position.
On becoming a parent: There is so much I want C and I do with our future kid. I want us to prioritize bonding time, eating healthy foods for good body and brain development, befriend other foster parents who can relate, going to church to form a good spiritual connection, doing or sport or activity with movement, talking about the importance of a good education, giving and receiving love, connecting.
I know it's going to be initially really tough: the kid will feel out of place; will feel that they don't belong; maybe going through mental hardship due to trauma; and more.
But I've been through struggles in my own life: I lost my father when I was 29. I was so young. I felt like I was just started to get to know him. I miss him, but in a funny way.
No comments:
Post a Comment