Saturday, January 10, 2026

Day 35 - Oops

I totally forgot to blog yesterday! I don't know if I should do 2 today or just keep going as if I didn't forget. It was a busy day tho: I applied to jobs, met up with B, went to the Apple store, bought blueberry biscuits for my MIL, went to Whole Foods, went to Trader Joe's, and then came home and made dinner for my boo. 

I did get some insight into the MF about the salary. They are known for paying way less than the average. Which I'm okay with. I just want to have fun with a job - I want to feel like I'm learning things I want to learn, and have something consistent and keeps me busy. I learned how much B makes right now, and she is at a senior level. So that really helps to understand what I can potentially earn. She is so honest and forthright, she is a good person! It was fun having it be just her and me. She even took a selfie of us at the end! It was so fun.

This week was a really fun week. I met so many new people! I met a skincare/beauty advocate and had coffee with her and we not only talked about which products could potentially help my skin, but we kind of got to know one another. She is also on a weight loss journey! I am too. But just a small one. But we met at my favorite cafe and had delicious coffee drinks in a warm and cozy setting. And I'm really exciting to see what these products can do.

Then on Thursday, I went to a writing meet up with about 9 other writers. There was one writer who I really liked her style and she also complimented my writing when I spoke a sample of my story. Then I noticed, when we were all leaving, she caught up to me and complimented my boots. She seems super cool, but she may be in her 30s. Everyone seemed a little on the young-ish side. But I don't mind. I had a lot of fun! Some where going out for ice cream after, so that makes my heart sing that it isn't only about the writing, but also about community.

This was a fun week! And next week I'm going to my first reading in Memphis!! 

No comments: