Friday, January 16, 2026

Day 41 - Pros and Cons

There are pros and cons to both choices right now. I told my family about the upcoming interview and my mom was really exciting. And C was excited too. My sister said just see how the interview goes.

I'm actually in a pretty good position. I have something lined up just in case and I'm interviewing for something that is somewhat in-line with my dream career.

There are pros and cons to accepted one over the other:

Comms pros:

-Step towards my long-term goal and will look good on my resume

-I will learn a lot in healthcare comms and will set myself up for a bigger, higher paying role down the road, maybe even something remote

-I know how to do everything well (except for maybe the Town Halls, but I've assisted with those before)

-It's in-person so it would help me meet more people in Memphis

-It would be exciting to work for a hospital

Cons:

-It's in-person so commuting would take about an hour of my day and it would feel really busy

-I'll have to get Rent the Runway for clothes b/c my closet is too small to have a varied fashion look

-I'll have to bring a lunch of protein and veg

-I'll have to wake up an hour earlier than if I were to work for the paper


Newspaper pros:

-Can be done remotely

-Will meet other writers/journalists

-Gives me an opportunity to really hone-in on my proofreading skills

-The topics I'll be reading will be fun, informative, and really help me to dive deep and learn more about Memphis culture

-It's part-time so gives me a more flexible schedule

Cons:
-Pay is very low and I may be financially unstable if I take this

-I'm not an experienced editor, so I might make a lot of mistakes

-The work may be fun, but it may not feed into my long term career goals

No comments: