I signed up for a writing meet up. I'm not super excited, but maybe mildly excited. I don't want to get my hopes up in case it doesn't feel right.
So my MIL told me 2 stories about C's childhood:
-A story about how C and his dad used to go fishing behind Aunt D's house. I told C about what she said he said it was a lie. The only time he and his dad went fishing, he caught a fish, but his dad said it was too small to keep and to throw it back. It broke C's little heart to do that.
-The other story is about why there is indoor/outdoor carpet in the kitchen: my MIL said it's b/c C used to skate in the house. But I told C and he said he never skated in the house.
I told my mom and E about these instances and both are saying it sounds like early-onset dementia, which confirms what C has been saying about here. E told me to get her a geriatric women's multivitamin, introduce creatine to her diet, and start helping her move around and get her heart rate up.
I feel alarmed that I was "lied" to. Being lied to is probably my one of my highest pet peeves, just under men who cheat on women. I hate liars with a passion. So this is really testing my patience. But I have to understand that it's not on purpose and it's b/c her memory isn't what it used to be. I am not seeing what C has been saying for a while and why he is actually really worried about her.
It's not too late to introduce some changes to her lifestyle. It's making me realize I need to hurry up and get some nutrition certificates under my belt.
No comments:
Post a Comment