Thursday, January 08, 2026

Day 34 - Good Start

I was offered a part-time role, and I accepted! The pay is low, but I'm entry-level so it makes sense. I think it will be fun! It will give me an opportunity to learn more about Memphis and the issues important to this city. And I don't have to write about politics - instead, I'll write reviews or interviews with folks in entertainment. This is so exciting! After being job-less for about 1.5 months, I'm ready to start working again. I had a good break, and reflected some, and set intentions, but I'm ready to get back out there. And luckily I can do this remotely. There is only 1 downside (the low pay), but it will humble me and help me fit in perhaps. I can get off my west-coast high horse. LOL

This year is starting off well - 2 jobs accepted (well, 1 is waiting to see if it will be awarded) - lost 3 pounds like the last week and a half - that's a lot for me! Let's see if I can lose 2 pounds during the week of my period. I'm also going to try the meds from NP. Hopefully they work well. I also ordered some more from Can. These prices are MUCH better than what I first researched. They are actually doable! Thank goodness - where there is a will, there is a way.

Now I need to focus on getting 1 more part-time job that pays well. This gives me focus and structure! I love structure. I didn't realize these things would happen - I didn't plan for them at all - but they just happened organically. Some of my resolutions for 2026 are to be more creative and also place an emphasis on relationships. This also takes some pressure off of launching my freelance business due to desperation, and now with more intention. That's a good place to be!

C's uncle passed away yesterday. C's aunt came by at night to tell us all. It was so somber, and I felt for C's mom and C. C kept saying he should have spent more time with J over the summer, he was beating himself up and it was hard to hear that from him. He loved his uncle deeply. 

No comments: