After working all weekend on samples, I was chosen to be on the subcontractor list for a coaching opportunity! The pay is good but perhaps it doesn't include prep time. All good though - I'm just happy to possibly be a part of this opportunity! Gives me hope. I wonder when they will find out if they are chosen? I could ask that.
I'm still applying to job, though, of course. I've switched to being copywriter heavy, to comms heavy. My resume shows more experience with the latter and so I think I have better chances of getting comms jobs, but the remote ones are few and far between with lots of competition. I should be happy to get whatever comes my way.
I might also still have an opportunity with the Flyer being a contract copyeditor. I need to brush up on my APA editing knowledge. I should follow up with them this coming week. I'll see what happens to the role with the Dept of Public Health first tho? I feel torn: coaching and working part-time for the Flyer; or working full-time with DPH and doing coaching on the side?
I think given my situation, I should choose multiple, flexible part-time jobs. That might be best for now, and re-build my resume and skills this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment