Saturday, December 13, 2025

Day 8 - Ladies Fellowship

Today was the second Ladies' Fellowship event I went to as S's guest. It was so heart-warming! I felt really lifted and guided. There was a craft station, where you could decorate a mini wreath, there was a brunch buffet with chicken and biscuits from Chik-fil-A, along with cottage cheese, yogurt to make a parfait, mini quiches, fruit, and baked goods. And the coffee! There were multiple different types of creamer that was SO fun and yummy! Like cinnamon, mint, and caramel.

I sat at a table with S and some of her church goers. I introduced myself and said I had recently moved from California and that I also recently got married. They spoke of going to Disney (for their kids) and somehow they said it's so different living in California, Michigan, and Tennessee and I explained that I was in the literary community in the the Bay Area as I'm a fiction writer and the ladies thought it was so cool.

There was singing, a performance with creative writing, and an easy going sermon from a woman pastor. The performance was so creative and the person who wrote it seems really talented!

Then at the end, one of the ladies who sat at the table, JB, said she has 4 biological children and 2 foster babies! We talked a little bit about the foster process and I mentioned I'm hoping to go through that next year! Then she said her 15-year old daughter loves writing books and would love to pick a writer's brain (me!).

It was so fun in a heartfelt and surprising way. S seemed really grateful that I was there and seemed genuinely interested in helping to guide me and C on our path to finding the right church and being more spiritual and finding our own church one day.

I loved today!

No comments: