Merry Christmas! It's my first Christmas in the South, with C, MH, and T. C woke up early, as usual, and tended to our kitty. Then I woke up, had coffee, and we opened presents! It was fun and festive and our kitty got the most gifts. hehe I got a comfortable, plush, pink robe that is going to be wonderful to have this winter - my first winter after living in the Bay. It's going to keep me warm!
I'm so thankful for so much right now: a loving husband, a kind MIL, a kitty with so much personality and is so affectionate. My family is all healthy and happy. I'm allowing myself this break after feeling so burnt out, and I'm forming a quiet life here. I didn't know I could be this happy, outside of the Bay.
I was so set in my ways in the Bay and thought it was the only place I could be happy, or imagine my happiness. Going out to restaurants with friends, going to readings, being part of a literary community, and meeting new people. It was where I labeled myself as a writer, it was where I found myself, my identity, my voice, my passion in terms of my career. I found and learned so much. But was I happy? I struggled a lot, alone. But I was strong enough to survive.
Now I want a gentle life. A more quiet and peaceful existence. Of course, being a parent will change all that. Having a foster child will change so much, but maybe that will bring happy surprises I never thought imagineable too? It will be tough, but as long as C is in my life, we can do it together.
No comments:
Post a Comment