Thursday, December 11, 2025

Day 6 - A Pleasant Surprise

It's almost been a full week of starting the 100 days of blogging! I'm really happy to be doing this, and to get back to a writing practice. Pretty soon I can fold in some fiction writing - yay! I missed it so much: writing about deep emotion, writing about characters who are not perfect, writing as a form of escape, really. 

I hope when people read my fiction, they understand themselves better - or they just turn pages into a story that takes them away - to somewhere normal yet enchanted, to characters who are so vivid, emotional, and sometimes heroic.

Lately, I've been watching Netflix with C and we watched all of "Better Call Saul", and now we are watching "Breaking Bad". Both series focused on a flawed, and deeply unperfect main character - both men. (They are kind of manly shows.) These characters try to find purpose and validity to a world that hasn't been fair to them. They tried to do things the right way, but it got them nowhere. Then, taking fate in their own hands, and testing morality and integrity, they do things so surprising, it leaves the audience wanting to know more, to learn more about these men and their ultimate fate.

Whew! That was fun to write about.

I think these next 100 days, I'm going to:

-Take a freelance writing course

-Start an online nutrition certificate

-Start writing fiction

-Go on a "health" journey - not focusing on weight loss, but focusing on a new healthy lifestyle (more on this later)

I think it would be fun to write reviews about Netflix shows, and maybe that also leads me to watching the series more than once!

No comments: