This morning, I started my day with talking to LH and she is an experienced freelance writer in the ghostwriting space. She was really nice and upbeat to talk to! She emphasized mindset at first for going into freelancing with a sense of confidence. I agree with that wholeheartedly! Then she also emphasized the importance of networking and relationship building. She also mentioned one thing I didn't agree with: Using LN solely for social media promotion - I'm not into that. I don't really want to build a social media following, not yet anyway.
Then I attended a coaching call with the freelance writing program I'm in. It was not that helpful since a lot of the people on the call are new writers. I've been writing, maybe not freelancing, but writing for many years and know my habits, quirks, and inspirations. But it might be good to do a portfolio review with them one day.
Then I applied to some jobs! I feel somewhat buoyant, which is a good feeling. I need to remember to slow down and apply more thoughtfully. But I just feel the pressure that I need to work, and work right away. I feel like one day, I might be the bread-winner. But I have to remember that I need to be more careful with how I'm applying. And plus, C does have a job right now and he seems very committed now. It's a good feeling that he is stable and secure, so there's that.
I'll be having my first coaching call with C soon! I'm excited! It will be good to flesh out my plans and learn how to attract my first few clients.
No comments:
Post a Comment