Wednesday, December 10, 2025

Day 5 - Funemployment

It's mid-week of my first week of funemployment. I've been applying to jobs like crazy! Maybe like 10-12 each day. In the last few weeks, I did have 2 interviews for great opportunities. But seems like I still might be too new to the content and copywriting spaces. At least new to the health niche. 

I'm not exactly sure how to be more strategic about this? Maybe I can do more research online for good site to look for new work for new writers. I'm sure there is a better approach out there than what I've been doing so far. But I'll give it until the end of this week to do what I've been doing.

Then perhaps next week, I can focus on those other writing job sites. LinkedIn seems to have the best jobs, but it's also super saturated with people looking for work - especially with thousands of lay-offs that have happened recently. But it does help to have a positive mindset! Keeps my mental health humming well.

I haven't been unemployed in years - not since the summer of 2017. And even then, I had a job lined up after being off for a few weeks. So I've been hustling for years - maybe I should try to enjoy this break? Dunno. But on the bright side: there are many online writing jobs! It's probably one of the easier career paths to have online.

What's another positive thing...

-It's helping me be open minded, while living in a new place

-It's giving me time to figure out med stuff

-It's also giving me a break

-I can focus on exercising and eating right

-Life is a whole lot more simple - easier, even - and this time off may help me to reflect on my life decisions and help me burst forward with more creativity and happiness.

What will spark more creativity?

-Rest

-Re-joining Colleen's writing group

-Going to literary events at this one bookstore I've been looking at

-Reading more fiction

-Writing more fiction

Now that I am married and have that beautiful experience to reflect on, I am a free woman in so many regards! I think it's a matter of feeling joy in this freedom, and not fear. So I'm glad I no longer talk to P from the Bay b/c she was SO negative and often spoke out of fear of things. I'm not like that. I'm an optimist and I like to think on the bright side, though being aware of reality too of course. I don't want to talk about that friendship anyway, but I'm glad I'm free of it.

Now! I need to schedule my days to stay being productive!

No comments: