Tuesday, December 30, 2025

Day 25 - It's Winter

It's Day 25 and I'm a quarter of a way through my 100 day challenge! It's been really fun, and a good sense of structure, to blog every day--especially in the mornings.

It's winter now here in Bartlett (as well as for the mid-South - lol). The change in seasons has also created a change in moods and spirit. I'm moving a little slower, wanting to stay home more, and doing more nesting with C and T. But I need to get a good exercise routine going again! I can't be a lazy winter-bum. 

I think in the new year, I don't want to think about my weight loss journey so much - I want it to be a new lifestyle. One where I'm eating for a healthy liver and immune system. So lots of veggies for energy, protein for a decreased appetite, and no refined carbs or added sugars. Right now, I want all of that on autopilot.

Instead, I want to think about how to be creative in little ways each day. Whether it be writing a scene, developing a character, or thinking about what to make for dinner. Maybe I'll try to learn new cooking skills? That maybe too much to already add to all the new skills and learning I'll be doing with my online coursework.

What am I grateful for from 2025?
-Shaklee! It gave me the structure, money, and joy to plan an amazing, dream wedding
-The new, true friends I made the year before and nurtured during my last year in the Bay
-Getting closer to A, D and their boys
-Giving space for P and her issues - I was patient and supportive
-Getting into a good exercise routine
-Finding a new way to fast and manage my hormones naturally
-Making my last year in the Bay the best it could be

But, now, I feel grateful for being here with C, T, and my MIL
-I love living with other people - it keeps me company, I'm not so lonely, and it also holds me accountable
-I am really enjoying the change of seasons! New moods, new feels
-We are cooking a lot at home and not eating out
-I'm not going to coffee shops every day and am saving a little bit of money by doing that
-We had a beautiful wedding where I was crying down the aisle and when I made it to C, he mouthed how beautiful I was
-We had a fun Thanksgiving with my family
-There are so many things a part of my daily life that are close by

No comments: