It's the first (week) day of my unemployment and last night a flash of fear went through me: What if I don't find a job right away?
I know I'm not an ideal copywriting expert, as much of my writing has been in communications, or field marketing, but I have been writing since 2006, almost 20 years. I know a thing or two about writing engaging language!
But how do I show this on my resume and portfolio? What should I do to make myself be a strong candidate?
I think as scary as it is, I really devote most of December to taking the class. This is probably the number one thing that will help me get ahead. I'll be able to talk about copywriting more fluently - what it is, how it can help the client - and perhaps I'll be able to write some spec pieces that will help my portfolio to be stronger.
So my new routine for the next month is:
-Blogging
-Job Searching
-Taking classes
-Exercise
I also have to go through the name change stuff! So it's actually going to be a busy December.
No comments:
Post a Comment