Friday, December 19, 2025

Day 14 - Feeling Good

Today was somewhat of a self-care day. 

I got up, answered some emails, then got ready to see R. Washed up then headed out.

We got brunch together and she really confided in me! She is so sweet, ambitious, and determined. It was really refreshing to hear what she wants out of life! I could relate to her weight loss journey and wanting to eat healthy--I love healthy eating! And it was beautiful how she talked about her husband and why she loves him so much.

Then I went grocery shopping and got ingredients to test out a cucumber smoked salmon bite recipe. I'm sneakily trying to throw in some veggies! I love smoked salmon so I'm somewhat looking forward to testing out this recipe this weekend. I hope when Christmas Day comes, the family will enjoy it!

Then I came home, and C came home earlier than usual. He has been so focused and happy lately. I think my family embracing him has helped him feel renewed. He also seems to have found his purpose with why he works so hard. I'm so proud of him!

After that I went and got my hair cut by A. She is such a surprisingly sweet and well put together young person. We talked about foods and dishes we like to cook and there was a lot of overlap. I love that she likes to cook healthy too! She gave me a stellar trim. She is very talented. Then we brainstormed and strategized for my next hair phase: growing my hair out and getting ready for a bob. I'm glad I had this hair cut for over a year and a half, it helped me to embrace my glow up year. But, I've never been someone who places a huge emphasis on looks: I think personality and character matter much much more. So although I learned a lot about how to get ready for a wedding and glow up - hair, skin, nails, weight, fashion - I'm much more deeper than that. 

So 2026 is my experimentation and glow up internally phase. I want to heal from burnout, I want to find my creativity in my writing again, I want to form lasting relationships, I want to form deeper bonds. I want to build a life, a future, a dream life. I never thought I would find that dream life here, but I think it's now possible! 

I feel so excited!

No comments: