Friday, January 13, 2023

Why Do I Feel This Way?

Why do I feel this way?

Maybe it's the rain that refuses

to cease

Maybe it's my hair that is endlessly

frizzy

Maybe it's my bunion that always hurts

when I need it not to

Maybe it's my acne that always seems to

explode

after a period of clearing up


Whatever it may be, I'm here

I'm breathing

I have a roof over my head, and 

food on the table

My mental illnesses have 

healed

I'm of sound mind and 

body

No one can take that away from me

unless I fall through the cracks

somehow

But I'm not going to let that happen

not without a fight

Maybe it's the sun shining after

a swift downpour

Maybe it's a call from an old friend

I haven't heard from in ages

after feeling lonely

Maybe it's because I refuse to give

up

Maybe because it's all mean to 

be.

No comments: