Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Quick, Quicker, Quickest

 My job is fast paced. But I hear that's common with copywriting: you become, or already are, a writing machine. I don't mind, but I just want there to be more time in between tasks, like I want to get ahead of it more. I think that will come as I meld and work with my manager. I love my manager. She is super smart, a great writer, and has an expert design eye! I think I can learn a lot from her. And I'm just mentioning the fast pace b/c that's the only drawback so far. 

But when I was at G, I didn't think of any drawbacks for awhile. I had a really long training period, in a sense. That happened b/c M didn't know how to delegate guidance and always said that my copy "needed work." It wasn't a good feeling and didn't make me feel confident. Although, I think I did get better as time went on. And I got better after I stopped reporting to her. She didn't know how to coach a writer, which is fine, I don't expect all managers to be good coaches, and I still learned a great deal.

I feel a little uncomfortable that things are so new at S. I really want to be a great teammate and writer, and I truly hope that I can last a long time at S. I guess I could take some classes that would offer some sort of support. I think I will try to learn as much as I can in my first month, buy my Queen bed, then determine if I should take a class.

No comments: