I have a friend who complains a lot when we talk on the phone. She dominates the conversations and vents the entire time. It's annoying and drags me down. I don't think she is aware of her outward behavior. But I feel for her. As I have a mental illness and have had questionable interactions with close friends and family.
I am hoping to have more playfulness in my life. Some levity and lightness. I would like to understand how to better reduce my stress and understand how to relax more. I want this; I need this. It's not her fault; she is trying her best.
**
Just got off the phone with her. I had to cut it short b/c she was being very self-centered and not realizing that she vents all the time. It's draining and I'm not sure how to set a boundary around this. Perhaps I'll reduce how much I talk to her over the phone and give myself some "recovery" or "healing" time from the negativitiy.
No comments:
Post a Comment