Monday, January 02, 2023

Poetry and Fiction

 I wrote a poem today but it didn't feel as satisfying as before. I think it's because my first love, fiction, has re-emerged into my life. I feel alive and excited at the same time! Rejoice! I found "her", my main character, but I don't know the story yet. I have to explore that with some practice. But I'm excited to be back on this journey that I was last on over 12 years ago. It's been a really long time!

Thanks to my editor, Y, I feel like there is finally movement on my novelette, and getting that ready to be out into the world someday. We are thoroughly editing it right now and Y has the perfect editing style for it. I couldn't be happier with how that's going.

Now I've been writing scenes of my main character, J, and it's been fun getting to know her. But I also want to write with excitement when I start my first chapter, or narrative, with J starring in it. However, I think I need to do some research and do some more reading, to get a feel of stories again. I'm giving myself two years to traverse into this world that I was once in many moons ago. I want to get something down before I move to Memphis.

No comments: