Sunday, July 02, 2006

Exploring New Areas...

..of my subconscious?
Or am I just walking the streets of Seoul?

Huh?

Well,
one image from my dream last night that still remains with me, which doesn't happen often, is this image of a busy street with colorful signs written in Korean (so it does take place somewhere in Korea. However, the re-designed street was much more organized, the buildings were a bit more bubble-ish shaped and standardized, therefore giving the cityscape a more futuristic feel created by a utopian society.

and here comes the brain cap.

But..NO! STOP! I say
And I my mind starts to buzz and I try everything I can to fight it. I have to keep moving, I have to keep trying, I have to keep combatting the cap, the trap, and the inevitable SNAP.

I can feel it and I can see it. I don't say it, but it calls out to me. Do something about it. I go to sleep and this is where it takes me. It takes me to this place, and it is Korea. Why do I put so much of my heart into this place? A place that I'm worried will turn upon itself, much like my thoughts can quickly turn out of my control and I can't stop it. They don't become my own, and they become that of my 'other'? But no, I am not free. I, too, have my enemies and I, too, have my vulnerablities. My skin scratches and it's a rash that just won't go away.

Take me back to this place, this place called Seoul. The beautiful lights, and the twisting side streets. Take me to the core of it, but how do I get there? Must find me a guide, and all will work itself out. But is it so easy?

My guide falls at my doorstep and I look out and say, "Why hello there! Took ya long enough." He steps in, brushes himself off and gives me a grin. He seems like a sweet soul, deep down, but he seems hidden. Perhaps he isn't simply my guide but he's here to check up on me, or maybe he's just curious?

"Where to next?" I ask.
He flashes his smirk once more.
"To our next discovery."
He takes my hand, and we make a run for it.

No comments: