Sometimes I think I know exactly what I want to write about, and at other times, I just let it go...
Funny, eh? Yea, who really knows what goes on up in this mind of mine because I'm trying to figure that out at the moment. One thing I know is how my feelings have changed over the years, and another thing that I think I know is what I like and don't like. I think? I think..
Today, I spent hours and Kyobo Bookstore, pouring over just the right diary to give as a gift to a friend of mine - a dear friend whose house I will be staying at for the weekend. She's a dear girl who pledged with me and later deactivated about a year later. I was secretly SO jealous when she did so and I, too, had thoughts of leaving the minority greek life. It was a pain in the butt! However, interestingly enough, as I was going down the escalator towards the subway today, alone, I was astoundingly appreciative of having the friends that I formed during that time, even after my bouts of depression and weirdness. But some of these relationships lasted and proved to me that people do care about me!...dear, and burnished friendships over the years until the golden ones stood out over time. This girl is one of those friends. As if pledging wasn't difficult enough, hers is a friendship tested through the relationship dramas, the emotional descents, and now by distance. At times I'm surprised to have grown such an attachment since I've practically severed most with my peers, but she's one person that I've chosen, that I've pulled out from my regrets, and look upon with renewed hope. I'm so very excited to see her this weekend!
This trip should be loads of fun. I'm not sure what will happen, and what we'll do, but something surprising will occur..I can feel it. =] And there is a certain liberation I feel that is awaiting me this weekend. As with all vacations and travels, there are unforseen provocations we have come to expect as travelers, but they are still added adjustments that ruffle us when we don't want to be ruffled, nonetheless. And I think this suburban-girl-at-heart needs a momentary extrication from Seoul's daily dramas..
No comments:
Post a Comment