Monday, July 10, 2006

Accelerated Learning R Us

: as time goes by, the speed, or velocity increases.

Besides these little math ditties, that's the theme of my summer. Gulp.

I've learned a lot during these past couple of weeks and I'm not really sure if it's all sticking, but I am hanging in there. The only thing is, I didn't quite agree to learn at such a fast pace. Not to mention, I don't really want to go through a course where I feel like my time isn't being well spent. But the people are good company. Fast paced learning isn't something too unusually since Umich life called for the covering of 10 chapters or so in about 4 to 5 different classes per semester, which means that an average Joe Shmo Umich undergrad is reading about 2 novels and 4 chapters of reading from other classes per month. So it's somewhat familiar - loading oneself with readings, that is. And that's beside questioning what I was studying and why and all of my personal 'baggage' involved. But it really drove in a lot of lessons, those reasons why I decided to major in Political Science, and what drove my interest in becoming involved in a greater community. Guess I couldn't help but have some sort of positive outlook in making changes around me. But I do want things to stick. It's important to me. And is pace on my side? Guess my age/age group is telling me otherwise. I still think I'm somewhat immature compared to other kids my age, a lot of them are living in the US, have been working for a good two years, and most of them have serious boyfriends. Sure, I did want to learn a lot of new things and whatnot...yet.. Should I be grateful that I'm placed with a class that is going at a faster pace with the company and all?

Or should I be wary since much of what I'm doing with my life at the moment is about understanding my past, which includes my recent past. And living life as a blur isn't an option. Arg..

Luckily, I had a good workout today~ This week is my last week on this one-month membership. *cross fingers*
I feel like I'm taking control of my fate, and the regrets are shedding away..

No comments: