I woke up and I didn't even know if it was morning or night. The pile of clothes in my room was even higher than the day before and the pile of paper (and forgotten homework) was almost indistinguishable. My head ached and my body felt even more congested and blocked, yet I had no idea how bloated my physical and mental states were until years later.
I simply woke up and kept going, but where was I headed and why was I headed there?
It didn't matter as the questions hid themselves away under the sense of duty and a need that pulled at me. Back then, it was far stronger than my drive for something higher. Right now was much more important than something better later.
Right now was filled with meetings, lab assignments, and volunteer work. Guess I was trying to make up for all of those years I spent in an empty dance studio, pounding away day after day until the blisters on my feet tore and oozed blood. At least I was interacting with diverse groups of people; they were from various areas of the city, besides being from different age groups. I was living and getting to know life and this was the best way I knew how, at least the fastest way. It was a game of Catch Up and I had one year to do it.
After receiving a call from my mother, I zipped back to the restaurant and home for the weekend. Without telling anyone from the board, I got a series of voicemails asking for various requests, which of couse I didn't answer until Monday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment