I think I'm still a bit drunk from last night. xP heheh... I could go for something soupy.
So. A run down.
Last night, I headed over to Kevin and Peter's at 8pm.
As soon as I got out of the cab, I ran into the office girls at the light and it was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't seen them in a few weeks, and it felt good to see everyone, especially the girls from downstairs. I caught up with the office girls: Susan, Betty, AeGyung, EunJoo..
I asked Susan how life was going, and she said life is himduhruh since work makes things rough, at times. xP
At Kevin's, Roy, previous wangghanim (Michael), James, Scott, Travis, and Robin were all there. It was somewhat sausage-y, but the office girls were the touch of estrogen. I had a great time hanging out with the guys, joking around with Scott and talking about Macs with Travis.
Afterwards, we headed over to Shinchon/Edae and decided upon OB Park in Shinchon. Here, we talked and of course some drama was led, but I guess it makes things interesting for the agile minds who gather within the TESL world.
I felt happy that, eventhough I find fault in believing the world around me, everyone was present because they wanted to be present, and we all seemed to share a mutual feeling.
Commaraderie? Solidarity? For the sake of peace, perhaps. And for the sake of good friends, too.
After OB Park, we headed over to a NoeRaeBang.
Then Hongdae for some clubbing with Throw-me-Pete, Robin, Kevin and that's where Abe joined us. We ended up stopping by HoBar and talked as we went.
I went home happily tipsy, and passed out around 4am.
****
It seems to me that the people around me discover things as they move forward, leaping from one discovery to the next with lightness and ease. In contrast, I see myself finding these discoveries as I look back and reflect on the past. It's like looking into the mirror and spot-checking, I suppose, telling myself that I see this new blemish, or that my hair looks longer and explaining to myself how it came to be and thinking what might happen next. Or if it's really bad, regretting that I bought the wrong kind of make-up, or something to that effect. So then while spending time with those looking forward and discovering, while I sit here looking back and realizing, I ask myself, "What sort of undertanding can occur in the present time? Because it doesn't seem like an understanding can happen if the two people are trying to understand at different times, right?"
Well, with most of my girl friends, we have to stop, put the breaks on, and life comes to a screeching halt. We sit in cafes and bubble tea places recounting the details and holding moments and emphasizing others. Of course it often revolves around the topic of relationships and GUYS, but it's a fun, freeing, and liberating time for most of us.
However, with my guy friends, it feels as if the understandings are a bit more immediate. Things are mentioned quickly and almost as if to say, "LOOK! I noticed!" hahaha.. Which is adorable, and yet it can be a little jarring, too. But nonetheless, admirable especially when you feel a positive intention underneath it all, underneath the mask that guys often put on to FRONT. haha..
And so the present becomes a mixture, or even a nice smooth ride. Yesterday's ride was without slamming on the breaks, and without stop-n-go driving, but instead it became a soft motion that got faster and faster, but I felt the break lightly pressed, the speed slightly slowed and the ride coated, if even for just a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment