Thursday, May 04, 2023

Tough Road Ahead

Talked to my therapist today and he recommended that I talk to an adoption lawyer and I fully agree. There are a lot of nuances for be being eligible and I need some guidance as to how to navigate this new territory. E said he has heard that it's very overwhelming and that there is a lot of red tape. I'm just now starting to see that as I start connecting with agencies. But as R says, "Your kid is out there; you just have to find them." 

With the different restrictions surrounding international adoption, I might look into foster-to-adopt, or even domestic adoption. But I have to think carefully about those options and if they are right for me.

I know right now I want to at least try for international adoption. It feels more exciting and hopeful. But I have to come to the realization that I might not qualify. So there is that reality. 

It's tough, but I think it will be worthwhile, I mean, I at least have to try. I want to know that I did everything in my power to try to find my kid before I give up.

No comments: