This road to finding my kid is going to be rough. I should make sure I'm taking care of myself, first and foremost, which will be a good practice to have as a new mother as well.
1. Exercise. It helps to keep me sane and grounded. Perhaps taking walks with my kid will be good whenever that day happens.
2. Eat healthy. Also helps to keep me sane and grounded and feeling energized. So limit sugar. I might go on a low carb diet to see how that effects my energy levels. I'm getting older and I'm feeling it a bit more. But I'm not dead yet!
3. Write. I love being creative and in-tune to my inner life. Writing is my gateway to other emotions, escapes, or solutions to who I am, how I'm feeling, what I want out of life.
4. My community. I finally feel that I have a solid group of friends who I truly connect with and are not "party friends" who people I just drink with. I find that my friendships are deeper are more meaningful now. Perhaps I will rely on some of them as I become a new mom.
Then the rest of my life is wholly devoted to my child and to C. They have all of me. I just need to keep the oxygen mask on myself first, most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment