She checked the mail and found the town's paper in her mailbox. She usually throws it away, but thought, "Well, before I add to trash, maybe I should read the darn thing?" And so she took it back to the house, sat at her kitchen table, and began to read the paper.
First skimming headlines to see if there was a particular story that caught her attention, her sight then fell upon the headline: "Tired Wife Murders Husband with a Kitchen Knife". Wow, I feel like a tired wife... but to the point of killing my husband? I wonder what drove this woman to do this.
She began reading the story, and finished it until the end. She let out a heafty sigh, closed her eyes, and tried to still her mind. After joining a meditation class, she began to truly enjoy slowing down her thoughts and being one with silence. Solitude had become her new friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment