It's been a good year now since I've stalked anyone full force, and I must admit (like I always do on this thing) that I sort of miss it. I'm not ashamed of a lot of my odd habits anymore, and although I still have hints of gyopo guilt in me, this isn't a post about the whole guilt thing. And why should I feel guilty, anyway? What wrongs have I committed against anyone? Humph.
It takes a certain amount of dedication and tenacity to stalk someone; you have to be possessed with some sort of hidden appetite, whether it be the enjoyment of vicariously living through someone else, or even a strange fear of identification. Or it could be the result of poor habits of the lazy free-loader. And with the amount of xangas, myspaces, friendsters, bloggers, wordpresses, cyworlds, gathers, and asian avenues (remember that one??) out there, it's incredibly easy to stalk anyone and for as long or short as you like.
It doesn't really matter to me who stalks me since I've done it myself, and we've all done it and no one is denying it anymore, or shouldn't. The amount of resources and free space out there is mind boggling and I try to stop myself everyday from thinking about it TOO much. There is only so much a single girl can take before she goes totally over the deep end, let alone feel paranoid as hell about who's stalking her, following her home at night, or take something from her.
And why not stalk? What better way to meet people these days than over the internet? You can try out a relationship, or two, or three, or four, or five, without any sort of commitment or fear that someone's genunine feelings might get hurt and stopped into the ground, only to have the person pick up the pieces of their once un-jaded heart. And, hey, maybe you can learn a thing or two in the process, and gain a lot of benefits as an end result. Who says that you have to give back to the person that you stalk, anyhow? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of stalking (if there is one)?
Another question: Are there huge differences between female stalkers and male stalkers? Or do we all fall into a certain fanaticism that just boils down to plain salaciousness? Is it beyond our intellectual selves that tell us, "Hey, this is wrong. I'm not supposed to know this so-called private stuff," or does it feed some sort of darker, nastier side that we try to deny during our normal workdays, and let them go into the night as we give into wild fantasies that are fed by online personalities? The internet opens up a whole bunch of doors for the world's voyeurs, which brings out a whole other side that we may or not be ready to deal with...
No comments:
Post a Comment