Well, besides thinking about the art-minded writer and the writer's writer, it's somewhat pointless like a point-and-random-shoot sort of shot in the dark and waiting to see if something good comes up or if it will be all blurred, but I *will* continue it later. And after a day to reflect over it, I feel that it is a robust, positive direction that's pushing me forward, and it's challenging me to expand myself and broaden my horizons, and anything that does that is ultimately beneficial no matter what happens at the end of the day...it's something that unburdens my mind in some way and, little by little, maybe that silver lining will appear when I least expect it. ^^ I'm glad something good is coming out of all of this...
Aiesh!!!! hehheeh.
Enough reflecting about yesterday and on to today. Yahoo! Today was an alright day. I loafed around for most of the weekend, and tried to clean-up the apartment, made myself pancakes with a missing ingredient (eggs), and checked out some furniture on-line. Then I sat around in my empty apartment trying to visualize a furnished apartment. It was fun~ What can I say, decorating my new place is great for my mood.
Besides thinking about furniture, I also had a lesson with my Japanese language tutor, and today was our fourth lesson. I'm just beginning and so our lessons have been moving along somewhat slowly since I barely memorized he-ra-ga-nah, let alone memorize ga-ta-ka-nah, which is fine by me. He's attractive, around my age, and seems pretty happy to be in Korea. It's not like something is going to happen, like one flirt will lead to another flirt and the next thing you know it, we're at a bar, and we're both drinking, and talking, we make eye-contact and, well, uh oh...
But, no. If anything, I'm glad to have made a new friend out of all it. But getting to know him does make me wonder about Japanese kids around my age who are in Korea, and I find myself thinking about what would happen if I moved out to Japan and taught English there? It's a completely different perspective but not altogether foreign. And what is foreign-ness and home supposed to feel like anyway...I often just yearn for the niche I once felt when I was with my first boyfriend. So why not imagine a cross-cultural relationship while I'm here? At first it seems a bit wrong, and uncomfortable to think that I would date someone completely out of my race, and it even sounds a bit narrow-minded. But when it comes down to it, race does matter, as much as I want to promote diversity, and equality, you can't help but center the basis of your differences around your race, especially in today's world. BUT, today's world is different in that we aren't limited by our race anymore, which is both a frightening and exciting concept.
And why not think about dating a Japanese dood.... especially after reading a great article about how Korean guys are all the rage in Japan...=]
.:tbc:.
No comments:
Post a Comment