Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Resolutions

 I set goals with P, but there were too many to really keep track of so I'm going to write a condensed list:

1. Lose 5 to 10 pounds by July

2. Write almost every day, perhaps about 5 times a week

3. Continue editing the novelette with Y

4. Eat salads 5 days week

5. Exercise 5 days a week

6. Maintain friendships with a few close friends

7. Do well at my new job and stay for awhile

8. Be a good daughter and call mom every other day

9. Save a lot of money this year and pay down debt

10. Research adoption options

So the main theme that I want to carry over for 2023 is to be a stronger and more diverse creative writer. I am embedded in the literary community here and want to take advantage of that. I want to attend more sci-fi readings and hang out with more writers. I don't think I'll have that when the time comes to move to Memphis. I can exercise and eat healthy while in Memphis, so that is not an immediate goal anymore. I think I've mastered that and it just needs a bit of tweaking. More vegetables and eating more at home, that will be key. I need to save a lot of money this year, too, and pay down credit card debt. I also have to get my surgery this year and my mom said she can come over and help. I love my mom. 

No comments: