It's a not-too-tiny room in a 1050 square foot three bedroom apartment. I live here alone but have room for visitors to stay with me now and then. I work in this space for 8 to 9 hours a day, Monday through Friday, and have ample time on the weekends to relax and get refreshed. I also have time after work to exercise and keep a healthy lifestyle.
I'm thinking about two new employment options: the first one is a full-time role at a vitamin and supplement company, a company whose products I'm really excited about. The second one is at a huge mega-corporation, but it's a contract role for only 3 months, though there is potential to extend the contract or go full-time. Everyone is saying to go with the mega-corporation b/c it will be better for my career. I agree, but I'll have to spend 3 hours a day commuting from Tuesday to Thursday. I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of feat of endurance. But I will also make a shit-ton of money at the mega corporation. I'll just get by if I choose the vitamin company. But something is calling me towards the vitamin company. The exciting aspect of being behind products that I feel strongly about, that I want to learn more of, and that I find will truly help people's quality of life.
The mega-corporation could help me gain better jobs in the future, if they see that company on my resume. It is better for the longer term vision of my career - but what is that longer term vision?
For awhile I thought that moving up the ladder in corporate communication was my dream. But I have only worked one job in corp comms, and didn't love it as I was working there. It was so new that I didn't quite have my bearings. But I know one thing: I want to write. And edit, too. Those are my passions in my work life. So I'll give it a shot being a content writer / copywriter. I think it will help me become a better writer overall. So either job would be great, in my opinion.
But I also have to face the goal of becoming a mom and earning enough to provide for a child. The mega corporation would allow me to do that. So then the decision has been made. It's done.
No comments:
Post a Comment