Wednesday, December 28, 2022

What Am I Feeling

 I felt agitation today and was surprised by it. Usually my days go by smoothly with some anxiety, but no agitation. My patience is pretty strong and it takes a lot to annoy me. But today during my editing session, I felt annoyed! I was mad at myself for feeling that way. I tried to release it as quickly as I became aware of it. After releasing it, it went away. I feel like self-awareness, when trying any new medication, is key.

Going forward, I want to be more in tune to how I'm feeling on a day-to-day basis. I want to log here my journey of becoming more emotionally aware of myself and not afraid of my emotions. I'm a very cerebral person and can lack empathy due to not being conscious of feelings. I'm friendly, yes, but not exactly "warm". I have to consciously place myself in someone else's shoes in order to understand them better. I think the feedback from my close friend is hitting home. That's a good lesson to learn.

No comments: