Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Being in-tune, out-of-tune

 I stretch my legs, spread out my arms, and then fold my arms back into my body, and give myself a hug as I rock side to side. "Is this what it means to...feel?" I rock for a bit longer.

Today after work, I took a longer walk for about 50 minutes. It felt so refreshing to be outside, to look at the houses as I walk by, to hear the cars zipping by on the busy street. I felt energized and alive. "Is this what living is all about?" 

After my walk, I decided to roast some vegetables. Some sweet potato, some carrots, and some Brussels sprouts. They cooked for 25 minutes on 450 degrees. They came out nicely. I spooned some of the roasted veggies into my mouth and a burst of flavor made me feel good. In that moment, I felt a type of pleasure that I tend to seek with: joy. 

No comments: