Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Repeat, Repeat

So I feel amazing today. I didn't take SRC but I did go back to taking GP and it was SO GOOD. I had a really good workout after work today. I realized, what's stopping me from performing better at the gym is not my physical self, but my mental self. I need to work on getting mentally stronger and be able to concentrate and keep pushing myself to new goals when I workout. I'm no longer interested in losing weight - I think I've lost all I can at this time, especially with starting perimenopause.

What I DO want to challenge myself with is my performance at the gym: Am I giving it my 110%? Am I continuing to challenge myself? Am I meeting goals and expectations? Am I improving in endurance and consistency? At this point, I know I LOVE cardio - though I'm not talented at it. In comparison to those I know running marathons, I'm very slow and I have to do intervals of jogging and walking. But the bottom line? I love how it makes me feel! I feel like I'm flying and my energy feels so good after too.

I think the exercises that are for me are: yoga, jogging with intervals of walking, and high intensity interval training. I know at some point, I'll have to re-introduce strength training, as it will be important to keep muscle mass and protect bone density as I get older, but for the next 6 months, this is my routine:

Sunday - Intervals of Jogging/Walking

Monday - Walking or Yoga

Tuesday - Intervals of Jogging/Walking

Wednesday - Fast Walking or Yoga or HIIT

Thursday - Intervals of Jogging/Walking

Friday - Slow Walking and Yoga

Saturday - REST DAY

No comments: