Not sure what it is, but I took CU&CO yesterday and I woke up feeling amazing this morning. Then I went to McDonald's to try one of their new breakfast sandwiches and it was actually pretty okay. After that I went to the bank. It was pouring rain outside during all of this. When I was at the bank, I chit chatted with the teller about the rain and how it may not have been the best idea to venture out--we chuckled.
I am not starting to review Y's edits to my novellette. I'm actually becoming more and more proud of this little novel. I wrote it so long ago and it does stand in a moment of time, but the writing and storytelling aren't too bad. Though I wish I could write like Celeste Ng - ha ha. But that's actually not that funny but really true. I do admire her writing.
In face, we are reading one of her books for my GI Girls Class of 99 Book Club. I was telling C that I actually feel like I belong--something I haven't felt since grad school. I remember the days when I was strong and thriving. I did really well in high school. It wasn't until college that things got, well, harder. But I did come out of that experience as a writer. It was tough at the time, but I'm actually really grateful of that all. It took a long time to feel that way. I should apologize to some of my college friends. Hmm.
Now I'm back to writing and my creative practice after being so busy and low energy in April. I think CU&CO is good. Yesterday, I didn't think it was, but today I feel amazing. Maybe I should try to take A regularly by iteself? Hmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment