Monday, May 27, 2024

Fun Times

This weekend was super fun! I went to a reading by CC at the CCC - a reading I somewhat helped with. As I had a long email exchange with CC and referred him to the CCC. I went to the members reception and ate egg rolls and dumplings and had fancy coffee by an Asian couple who were the roasters.

Then I had new friends join me at the book talk: JN, C, and A (from the book club here in SF). The book talk was actually really funny and CC was really engaging and charismatic! I was a really good book talk. It was so cool that his story takes place in Michigan and at Umich! When I posted in my social channels, I got a lot of likes from old friends who have connections to Michigan. 

After the book talk, we explored SF Chinatown - a place I hadn't been to since before the pandemic. I think the last time I was "in" Chinatown was walking past it on my way to Grace Cathedral. I never felt like I could actually hang out there - it always felt like a maze and confusing. But this time, being with Chinese American friends who were familiar with Chinatown, it was a much more fun and adventurous experience. We ate some really good Chinese food and some milk tea.

On Sunday, it was JN's backyard birthday party and C got to show off all of his ceramic pottery. He is super talented! I took a couple pieces home. I got to connect with a couple people while at the gathering and talked a lot about my interest in Magical Realism. It was a really fun weekend, but I did feel quite tired when I got home at  6 pm on Sunday. Came home early, but I haven't socialized this much in awhile. My life is quieting down as I'm getting older, my priorities are shifting, and I'm trying to build good habits to one day become a parent. I want this with my heart and soul. I should do more research and ask more questions.

No comments: