Friday, May 24, 2024

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

T gave me the afternoon off! I told her a couple weeks ago that I have a doctor's appointment today and she said coming back to work at like 3 pm is somewhat futile so just take the whole afternoon off. I feel so lucky to work for such a compassionate person. And I get excited when we have meetings so that I can talk and interact with her. She is really fun, too.

I have to pray about this possible move to M. I have to make sure that my mental health will remain stable and I need to choose a good doctor. So far, it seems like a lot of the p's in the area help people with what I have and are used to at least prescribing L. So that's a good sign. There have been some good signs about M lately.

1. An A who lives in another part of T seems to love it there. She seems real and genuine and kind

2. C just got offered a good job in M. Hopefully the process of accepting the offer goes well

3. The cost of living and the ability to get a house there seems so much more accessible. If I stayed in the Bay, I would never be able to afford a good house.

4. We would be living with C's mom and we would be able to save a lot of money. Maybe I do need to be in M to watch over C, now that he'll be working full-time.

5. Ultimately, this decision is a risk and will take some sacrifice. But the gains, that I cannot even fathom right now, will delight and surprise me. Of course I need to be careful with how I act and behave, especially since I'm so used to Bay Area culture, but new changes aren't always "bad" or "wrong" - maybe they open doors to new and exciting things - new ways to grow, think, and be.

I should look at this as positively as possible with of course being level-headed and weighing in the risks and challenges of course. But I'm starting to get more and more excited about it.

No comments: