Friday, March 13, 2026

Over the Weather

Meaning: I'm no longer sick with a sinus cold! I'm not "over" the Memphis weather - I'm quite enjoying it. The change of seasons promises newness every few months, a change that I'm not used to as compared to the consistent and endless-ness of Bay Area weather. How would I feel about living in LA weather? Which is even more consistent than, say, San Leandro?

So I'm enjoying it here. I'm enjoying simplicity, though things have gotten slightly more complex, now that I have a family I'm living with. I'm learning to find joy in my days, as I work, as I make dinner for everyone. 

It's been seven months since I moved away from California, and into the upbeat, optimistic vibe of Memphis. I'm enjoying meeting Southern women, noticing their flair in life, and how they carry themselves. Am I trying to be a Southern belle? Maybe. But maybe I'm still "too California". But, maybe that's also an endearing quality?

It may have been to my advantage during an in-person interview on Wednesday. I was upbeat, energetic, and understanding. The ladies told me of their team's woes, all that they are working on, and what they desperately need help with. It was so exciting to hear about the types of campaigns and projects they work on, the work itself was causing a giddy, super-intense happiness. It was strange, being happy over work, or the possibility of it, but maybe that is my passion shining through.

Throughout these last few months, I've been finding my zest and zeal for full-time Comms work again. I wasn't sure how I really felt, since I felt so burnt out by S and wedding planning on 2025, but the energy has come back, and has been fully realized after these interviews. I'm so grateful to Memphis for this re-birth, this newness, and yet this familiarity. I'm so grateful to S and the MF for giving me a re-birth.

No comments: