Sunday, March 22, 2026

Kicking Perimenopause's Butt

I have hacked perimenopause.

When I started having symptoms in early 2025, well more than just the night sweats that started 3 years before that, I decided I needed to do something.

At the time, my symptoms were agitated mood, energy slump at 3 pm, and not easily losing weight - even though I increased the intensity of my exercise.

I slowly then started to figure out what to do. I stopped eating refined carbs (pastries and cookies from Starbucks), I limited carbs a bit more, I took the supplement M suggested to kill Candida. (I thought it was mainly a Candida overgrowth). Yes, it could have been Candida, but what I didn't know at the time, is that during peri, you become much. more sensitive to insulin and cortisol. 

So then I decided to do weight training. I also joined a membership nutrition course, but it was so slow and full of complaining that it didn't really jive with me. 

Then C proposed to me and I started planning the wedding. That gave me incentive to go on a weightloss journey, especially since I was worried on if I would fit my wedding dress or not.

From there I met D and started cycle syncing. I lost 7 pounds from my heaviest, which was the best weight loss success I had seen in a few years. I was able to keep my weight down and I fit into my wedding dress! Other benefits where a more consistent, upbeat mood and no more agitation. I still had some anxiety but I think that was from living alone.

Now, here I am, nearly 10 pounds down. But I'm not stopping yet. I joined another new fitness and nutrition program and I'm ready to drop another 10 pounds. I'm excited! I have been following this coaching team for almost a year and had a few conversations with the founder but didn't pull the trigger until just a few days ago, when I won a scholarship with them. 

I know it's a lot of money, but it's more of an investment in myself. I know I can drop another few pounds, but I'll need to do it the right way.

No comments: