Now! I have two ongoing clients. It's good! Consistent. Different speeds and skills, so it keeps things fresh and alive, but the ongoing nature definitely helps my creature of habit ways, and not liking TOO much change. I do like variety though and I'm hoping freelancing will help me practice my creativity - creative writing, creative campaign contribution, and most importantly, creative problem solving.
For instance with RH, I'm being asked for my input! In my first meeting with the principal and designer, they definitely looked to me for direction, too! I really, really liked that. I'm used to being an individual contributor, and so I usually kind of do a do-as-your-told thing, but even as SC, I progressively grew to a point where I knew what would get a lot of engagement in the FB group, and contributed to ideas on how to keep things moving there.
Now that I'm going to be working with LinkedIn, yes, it's an altogether different social platform, and a different audience, but still that attention to what people click on is still there, which I'm used to from SC. I did get a book about how to use LinkedIn that I need to dive into.
So what about my classes? I'm waiting to see what happens with MLH. Then that will dictate my schedule and my current directions. But I could hope back into FRW since I have some time before my new license arrives.
But I'm moving along! It feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment