How's life in Memphis? It's WAY better than I ever thought imaginable:
1. Editing and writing for MF: This surprising opportunity was presented by a new friend. Once she realized I leaned blue and had a few conversations with me, she pitched the idea of me working for her. And it was a great idea! It's been fun, actually, though very fast-paced. I didn't remember papers being this fast, but being on the editorial team, I now know it.
But! I write a weekly article and it's helped me go out into the community and meet creatives. I have interviews with filmmakers, children's book authors, journalists writing about the Southern indie wrestling scene, metal makers, and so much more. And! By going to these events, I meet other people who are just so nice and want to meet other new people. I met KB and RS that way and I feel so energized by my interactions with them.
So meeting new people in Memphis has actually been a lot of fun. I feel like I learn something new: about the city, about the other person, about myself.
2. Living with C again has created so much more momentum. Living with C has benefited my health in so many way: I have a lot less anxiety (also thanks to my MIL, so I'm not home working alone anymore), I eat healthier, I eat out less (thereby also saving money), and we have similar habits. We LOVE a perfectly clean household. C is VERY clean and is always fixing something, organizing, taking care of our cars, or cleaning something, or laundering something. He is SO hardworking and inspires me to lead a good, heatlhy life.
3. Keeping up with writing groups. I've been to a creative writing Meet Up a couple of times and loved it. The people who go are maybe in their 30s so that's a new thing, to be around younger people, but it's still fun. They are a fun group of writers. I'm also part of C's online workshop - which is with ladies closer to my age and writing level. I think I will try and keep up with both.
4. Meeting JR and being part of her freelance team. JR is so cool, curious, and laidback. I'm so happy to work for her, and I love the content I'm working on for her and her clients.
5. The weather. It's been so unusual to have four seasons again. It's surprising and I never know quite what to wear, but it feels like a re-birth every time there is a change of season. There is so much more environmental variety, it keeps things fresh and new.
No comments:
Post a Comment